The 1st International Conference on Cultural and Digital tourism , with the theme “Cultural tourism in a digital era” will provide a timely and interactive international platform for academics and industry practitioners from cultural, heritage, communication and innovational tourism backgrounds and interests to meet, discuss and debate cultural,heritage and other tourism issues that will affect the future direction of hospitality and tourism research and practice in a digital and innovational era. The Conference is supported by the International Association of Cultural and Digital Tourism.
The Conference focuses on cultural tourism as it develops into the second decade of the new millennium. It intends to offer not only academic research presentations, but also to promote mutual dialog, interaction and understanding of various stakeholders of hospitality and tourism research outputs, including academic researchers and scholars, industry professionals, and government/quasi-government officials and other key industry practitioners who will share and highlight tourism industry trends and research gaps from a pragmatic and applied perspective. In a globalized , digital era, nations seek to retain a sense of identity through their very unique cultures and history.
The 1st International Conference on Cultural and Digital tourism aims to be a stimulating, challenging and informative platform, offering information and exchange of ideas about trends in all aspects of Cultural Tourism particularly in an era of major global changes. As such, in addition to academic research presentations, the Conference will feature key industry practitioners who will share and highlight industry trends and research gaps from a pragmatic and applied perspective.
Participants will have the opportunity to exchange their knowledge and experiences, and to present their latest achievements in the field of cultural and digital tourism and hospitality management.
- Presentations and discussions will include, but are not limited to, the following themes/topics within the domain of cultural and digital tourism and hospitality:
- Cultural and Digital Tourism Statistics, Economics and Forecasting
- Cultural tourism Policy, planning, and governance
- Cultural and Digital Tourism Marketing, branding and management
- Tourism Consumer behavior, decision making, experience and satisfaction
- Sport tourism, festivals and events, lodging and MICE marketing and management
- Competitiveness, sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Service excellence and service quality
- Social media, emerging technologies and e-tourism
- Human resources management and strategic leadership development
- Innovation, creativity and change management website
- Cultural and Digital Tourism Education and training
- Financial and performance management regarding cultural tourism topics
- Emerging research methods and methodologies
- Other topics of contemporary significance in hospitality and tourism with a global focus
- Wine tourism and gastronomy
Who should attend?
- Academics in tourism and hospitality fields
- Tourism/hospitality researchers and industry consultants
- Interregional organizations with interest in tourism and hospitality research
- Tourism policy makers and national tourism organizations
- Graduate students in tourism and hospitality
- Administrators of tourism and hospitality management educational programs
- Tourism and hospitality industry executives and representatives of multinational firms
- Financial institutions and tourism industry investors