The 25th CIPA Symposium on heritage documentation will be held on Aug. 31 - Sept. 4, 2015 in Taipei, Taiwan.
For many years, CIPA has been making great efforts integrating technology with cultural heritage conservation. The education and dissemination of acquired knowledge is also its major concern. CIPA holds an international symposium every two years presenting the latest scientific research and providing
a forum for specialists in conservation and technology to communicate and exchange their ideas.
After examining the properties inscribed on the World Heritage list and those on the tentative list in the past, a problem with imbalanced representation of the territories and themes is identified. Thus, The World Heritage List: Filling the Gaps - an Action Plan for the Future was published in 2004. It particularly addresses the importance of diversity that mankind as a whole needs, and how this diversity can bear witness to the Cultural Heritage that exists in the course of human history. It is also hoped that the imbalanced representation on the World Heritage List can be resolved. In the era of globalization, the development of digitization instruments and methods should closely correspond with the evolution of the concept in cultural heritage conservation and the application of technology. Yet with the restriction of the territorial extension, cultural differences and instrumental limitation, there have been gaps between the application of digitization instruments and conservation concepts. In view of this, a platform set up for continuous communication and integration is eminently required.
A. Data Acquisition and Recording Techniques
- Laser scanning and 3D imaging
- Mobile Mapping Applications
- Photogrammetric recording with 3D cameras
- Underwater cultural heritage
- GIS tools and applications
- Web-based application
- Portals and Digital Libraries
- Digital Heritage Inventories
- Post processing
- Digital 3D modeling
- Modeling methods for architecture and archaeology
- Remote sensing techniques for archaeological protection
- Applications of BIM-HBIM
- Disaster prevention and monitoring
- Technologies aimed at preventive maintenance and monitoring of sites
- Cultural heritage conservation on globalization and localization
- Multi-cooperation for cultural heritage conservation
- Cross border for cultural heritage conservation
- Integration, conservation on tangible and intangible cultural heritage
- Intangible Cultural Heritage capture and documentation
- Island cultural heritage
- Museum and exhibition technology
- Museum and landscape
- Teaching and learning
- Serious Games
Submitting and Reviews
Paper manuscripts should be submitted electronically through the Copernicus Meeting. Submissions for the joint event are completely electronic, and both the paper and all supplementary material must be submitted through the online submission website. The submissions due date will be on 28 Feb. 2015.
The authors may choose one of two types for submission.
- Full Papers (8 pages max.): The paper will be peer-reviewed and published in the ISPRS ANNALS after acceptation.
- Extended Abstracts (500 to 1000 words): The papers published in the ISPRS Archives are based on an abstract-only review procedure.
- Posters: May describe work in progress, or completed projects, to assure the inclusion of recent research and work process.
- Style: All papers and posters must be in English. Detailed information for authors on style, including paper length, format, etc. and a paper template (ISPRS format, max 8 printed pages) are available via a link on the Symposium web page.
- Oral Presentation: Oral presentation of the paper at the Symposium must be made by a registered author.
- Review Process: There will be two kinds of proceedings: 1) CIPA/ISPRS Annals with the accepted papers following the peer-review procedure. 2) CIPA/ISPRS Archives with the papers accepted after submission of extended abstracts.
September 01, 2014 - 1st Call for papers
November 01, 2014 - 2nd Call for papers
January 01, 2015 - 3rd Call for papers
January 01, 2015 - Submission site open
February 28, 2015 - Submission due (both full papers and extended abstracts)
April 15, 2015 - Notification of extended abstracts
May 1, 2015 - Notification of full reviewed papers
June 30, 2015 - Deadline for uploading all papers
July 15, 2015 - Last registration deadline for participants
August 31 - September 04, 2015 - 25th CIPA International Symposium in Taipei
More info here.